This is by far the best honey garlic walnut shrimp recipe! Today we’re giving you all the details on how to step your shrimp game up! My favorite part, I didn’t have to go to the store for ingredients!! This meal is perfectly balanced and has the perfect crunch your looking for.
Honey Walnut Shrimp
Serves: 10 (6 children, 4 adults)
- 2 lbs of Shrimp (peeled and deveined) tail on
- 2 c. water
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 c. walnuts
- 2 lbs. of shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail-on
- kosher salt
- ground pepper
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 c. corn starch
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 c. panko crumbs
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 12 oz. packages of fresh green beans
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 c. mayonnaise, not miracle whip
- 6 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. sriracha
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- green onions sliced, for garnish
- crushed chili pepper flakes, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine water and sugar to a boil. Add walnuts and let boil for 2 minutes. Using a spatula or slotted spoon, remove walnuts and let cool on a baking pan/sheet. Lightly sprinkle with salt, set aside.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Place eggs in a bowl and whisk. Place cornstarch, flour, and panko crumbs in another bowl and mix. Dip shrimp in eggs, then panko and flour, and cornstarch mixture, coating well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, or using a deep fryer heat vegetable oil. Add shrimp in batches and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Remove with a spatula, or slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate. If using a deep fryer, let shrimp set in fryer basket and then place on plate.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter and heat. Add in green beans and let them start to cook. After about 3-5 minutes add garlic and honey. Add a little water cover with lid, and stir often. Green beans are done when they turn bright green. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, honey and sriracha sauce. Toss shrimp in sauce. Serve over green beans, rice and candied walnuts. Optional: Garnish with green onions and crushed chili pepper flakes.