Anytime that I can make a meal that my children love to eat, I immediately save it to my recipe book. I originally saw this recipe on Facebook and decided we were going to try it out. However, as with many recipes they almost never feed big families. So, I adjusted the recipe to fit the needs of my rather unique family. The recipe originally called for beef steak but I decided to substitute the beef steak with chicken. I really liked creating this meal and will probably do it again in the near future and allow the children to help. I also, thought that it would be a cool idea to adjust the veggies from broccoli to perhaps cabbage the next time and change the type of meat from time to time. One thing I recommend, is making adjustments to the red pepper flakes and pepper, as the kids dramatically informed me they needed water immediately after. Let me know if you tried it and how it turned out!
Serving Size: 8-10
- 16 oz. spaghetti noodles (brand of your choice)
- 2 broccoli florets, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 stalk of green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1-2 package(s) of chicken tenderloins, (sliced or diced)
- 9 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 package of shredded carrots (1/2 bag or whole bag)
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp of sesame oil
- 3 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 tsp of sesame seeds
This is by far the best honey garlic walnut shrimp recipe! Today we’re giving you all the details on how to step your shrimp game up! My favorite part, I didn’t have to go to the store for ingredients!! This meal is perfectly balanced and has the perfect crunch your looking for.
Looking for a nice way to spice up your summer? What’s better than a fruit infused lemonade! This is perfect for BBQ’s and family gatherings. Be prepared to make a few pitchers, as this is a hot commodity in my home. It doesn’t last a day. Shop Amazon – Create an Amazon Baby Registry Ingredients: […]
Look, it’s rare that I eat breakfast and I’m sure there are plenty of moms that can relate. Smoothies are the best way to show my body I care. Here’s a smoothie that is sweet and energizing for any morning. Oh did I mention, it only took 10-15 minutes to make and I think its […]
- In a large pot with boiling water, cook the noodles of your choice according to the package directions. Add the chopped broccoli to boiling water during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking the noodles and let them cook until tender. Drain the noodles and broccoli. Set to the side for later.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a medium-sized skillet. Cook the chicken tenderloins until the chicken is tender and no longer pink. Add the garlic, carrots, and cook for about a minute more.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and pepper and red pepper.
- Add the spaghetti noodles and broccoli to a large pot and pour the sauce and chicken on top and toss until lathered in sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seed and green onions